Flooring is an important aspect of any building environment, but it can be especially challenging when the flooring is a high-traffic commercial space. No matter what type of property you own, whether it is a retail, office, or industrial, there is a great chance that you will have floors that could use some help in the way of routine cleaning and maintenance. However, taking care of these areas isn’t as easy as cleaning your living room floors on Sunday afternoon.
Commercial floors are usually cleaned once or twice a week, depending on the type of facility. The frequency of cleaning depends on the amount of foot traffic, the number of employees, and other factors. Regular floor maintenance is important because it helps prevent slips and falls, reduces bacteria levels, and keeps the building looking good. However, some facilities don’t clean their floors enough, which can cause problems such as slippery surfaces, increased risk of injury, and poor indoor air quality.
There are several types of commercial floor maintenance services, such as carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, and wood floor care. Commercial carpets and tiles should be cleaned on regular basis. Whereas wood floors require special care, so they look beautiful all year long. In addition to this, commercial floors also need regular waxing to keep the surface long-lasting. Waxing is a very important part of floor maintenance, and it can be done by professionals for good results. Waxing not only makes the floor look polished but also protects against stains and dirt. It also prevents moisture from getting into the floor, which is why it is recommended to do waxing before installing a new floor covering.
Commercial and industrial buildings often find themselves dealing with their floors becoming too used for their intended purpose. This is why to achieve the most professional look possible, floors must first be stripped before applying the new coat of finish and protective wax. The waxed surface gives many health benefits such as providing slip resistance, adding more ease as well as assisting in reducing fatigue and tiredness while walking barefoot.
The following are some of the benefits of having commercial floor maintenance:
- Increased safety – If your business has hard floors, this means that they are exposed to various germs and bacteria. When you hire a commercial floor service provider, they can provide a safe environment for your employees. They can make sure that the floors are kept clean and sanitized at all times.
- Improved indoor air quality – Clean floors are one of the best ways to improve indoor air quality. Floors are typically covered with dust and debris, which can lead to allergies and respiratory issues. By hiring a professional to maintain your floors regularly, you can ensure that they are always clean and sanitized, thus improving indoor air quality.
- Reduced wear-and-tear – Worn-out floors can become dangerous places for your workers. When you get your floors professionally maintained, you can rest assured knowing that they won’t tear up easily and that your employees will stay safe.
- Improved appearance – You can expect your floors to look better than ever if you hire a professional company to take care of them. Professional companies know how to strip and polish your floors properly so that they give off a professional look. They use the right equipment, tools, and supplies to make sure that your floor maintenance is done thoroughly without damaging it.
- Save time and money – Hiring a professional can save you both time and money. Most people have no idea that neglecting routine floor care is one of the primary causes of premature flooring replacement. The key to extending the lifespan of your floors and saving on flooring replacement costs is professional floor cleaning.
- Get rid of odors –The floors in your premises can emit odors if it is not properly cleaned and maintained. This may be caused by dirt, debris, and accidents that might cause stains on the floor. Odors are not just unpleasant – they are unhealthy and make your business look unprofessional.
- Increase productivity – A dirty floor can cause distraction and discomfort among your workers. When they are constantly distracted, they might feel less productive. Therefore, it is advisable to have your floors cleaned and maintained regularly to avoid distractions.
- Reduce liability – It is very common for businesses to suffer from slips and falls. In fact, according to the National Safety Council, slipping and falling accidents account for almost 7% of workplace injuries. Because of this, you should consider getting your commercial floors cleaned and polished by professionals to reduce the risk of slipping and falling.
To learn more about our Commercial floor services, please contact us today!